This quick and tasty dessert takes a shortcut with store-bought Lady Fingers, but the delicious pumpkin whipped cream will wow your guests. This Cinnamon Pumpkin Parfait is a perfect small dessert to serve at your New Year's Eve party!
Lady Fingers are light and sweet sponge cakes roughly shaped like a large finger. They are commonly given to infants, being soft enough for teething mouths but easy to grasp and firm enough not to fall apart. You can also soak them in a sugar syrup or liqueur, such as coffee for a tiramisu dessert.
- 1 package store-bought Lady Fingers
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice, divided
- 8oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 (8oz) tub whipped cream, divided
- In a medium bowl, blend the cream cheese and pumpkin until creamy.
- Add the powdered sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Gently fold in half the whipped cream.
- To assemble the parfaits, cut the lady fingers into bite-sized pieces.
- Begin assembling by spooning some of the pumpkin mixture into the bottom of each glass.
- Add a layer of the cake, a thin layer of whipped cream and top with more of the pumpkin mixture.
- Add a sprinkle of cinnamon and a little whipped cream to the top, if desired.
- Repeat with remaining dishes.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.