I love my crockpots! Yes, that was plural. I have four of them, but I promised my husband to get rid of at least once (I slid the “at least” in there to appease him temporarily, since he only wants 1 or 2) this week. I love them for batch cooking and double/triple/quadruple my favorite recipes. I also use it for daily cooking.
Looking for a pork chop recipe to try out? You’ll love our Caramelized Onion & Dijon Crockpot Pork Chops! It takes about half an hour to throw everything together in the morning. At dinnertime, you just need to put together your sides. We love it with mashed potatoes, corn, and roasted asparagus! Plus, they are gluten-free!
Grab your pork chops and season them with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Mrs. Dash Original Blend. I prefer to use center cut chops, because at least 1″ thick works best. Boneless makes it easier for serving/eating, but we use whatever I have on hand.
Warm you favorite oil over medium-high heat until its almost smoking and then brown your seasoned chops. While they are browning, thinly slice your onion. Place the browned pork chops into your preheated crockpot and cook for about 6-8 hours on low or about 4-5 on high.
Once you have the pork chops into the crock pot, its time to caramelize your onions! I think we do caramelized onions at least once a week in some form or another. Add the onions to your skillet and sprinkle a little salt and pepper in. Cook them over medium-low heat for about 12 minutes, until they are a nice light-brown.
Add 2 Tbsp of minced garlic and 3 Tbsp rice flour. Stir until the flour is moist and cook over low heat for about 2 minutes. Add 3/4 cup of dry white wine and 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar. Stir and cook until your onion sauce starts to thicken. Pour into crockpot over pork chops.
When the pork chops are fork-tender, remove them from the crock pot. Leave as much of the sauce as possible. Add 2 Tbsp of Dijon mustard and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream. Stir well. Pour sauce over the chops on the serving plate or on individual plates.
|Caramelized Onion & Dijon Crockpot Pork Chops (Gluten-Free)|| |
- 6-8 pork chops, 1" thick
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash original blend
- 2 onions
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 Tbsp rice flour
- ¾ c dry white wine
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Season pork chops with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and Mrs. Dash.
- Heat oil over medium-high heat & brown chops.
- Thinly slice onion while chops brown.
- Place pork chops into preheated crockpot.
- Cook onions with a little salt & pepper over medium-low heat for about 12 minutes (until light-brown & cooked through).
- Add 2 Tbsp minced garlic & 3 Tbsp rice flour. Stir until flour is moistened.
- Cook over low heat for about 2 minutes.
- Add ¾ cup of dry white wine and 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar.
- Stir and cook until your onion sauce starts to thicken.
- Pour into crockpot over pork chops.
- Cook for 6-8 hours on low or about 4-5 on high.
- Remove pork chops when fork-tender, leaving as much of the sauce as possible.
- Add 2 Tbsp of Dijon mustard and ½ cup heavy whipping cream. Stir well.
- Pour sauce over the chops on the serving plate or on individual plates.