We do a large bacon bomb for dinner once in a while, but these little bacon bombs are adorable and a nice little snack. Bacon is all the rage right now, I mean, I guess it always has been, but now we're seeing it on t-shirts and hats too. Anyway, try this recipe at your next family gathering, it is sure to be a hit!
For these Bacon Bombs, you'll need:Print
- 1 cup baking mix/Bisquick
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tbs minced fresh chives
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 scallion (chopped very finely)
- 8 slices of bacon
- oil for frying
- Add milk to baking mix and stir until dough forms a ball.
- Knead dough on a lightly floured surface a few times. Roll dough out to
- /4 inch thick & cut out biscuits, then cut each biscuit in half.
- Mix the cream cheese with the chopped scallion & chives. Place about 1 tsp of cream cheese in the center of each biscuit piece. Seal the dough around the cream cheese and roll into a ball.
- Cut bacon slices in half. Wrap a half bacon slice around each biscuit ball and secure with skewer or toothpick.
- Heat about 2-inches of oil in a deep saucepan to 375 degrees. Fry about 4-5 “bombs” at a time. Fry for about 10 minutes total, turning once. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper-towel covered plate. These may be kept warm in a 200 degree oven while frying subsequent batches.
For more bacon recipes, you might want to check out The Bacon Cookbook.
Bacon. It’s crispy, salty, smoky, sweet . . . and totally irresistible. Renowned food writer James Villas offers 168 intriguing ways to savor the flavor of everyone’s favorite meat, ranging across America and around the globe. You’ll find familiar favorites like Spaghetti alla Carbonara and Cobb Salad as well as more exotic but equally delectable fare, such as California Hangtown Fry and Portuguese Egg and Bacon pudding. Illustrated with beautiful color photographs throughout and featuring sources for today’s best artisanal and international bacon, The Bacon Cookbook is your guide to a world of bacon possibilities and pleasures.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.