Have you been seeing people sharing about all the great apple cider vinegar health benefits? I know I have heard mixed reports, but I am happy to share a few things that I know fall under the category of great health benefits as a result of using apple cider vinegar. Just make sure you use the “raw” apple cider vinegar with the “mother” to get the best results!
Apple Cider Vinegar Health Benefits
As with any non-traditional health items, apple cider vinegar should not replace regular medical care. It is, however, a great product to use on a regular basis for specific symptoms. While not a cure, there are definite apple cider vinegar health benefits that are well worth your time to test out. Grab a bottle (our favorite is Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar) and start using it for more than just recipes!
- Acne: ACV helps kill bacteria and reduces inflammation, so many use it as an acne prevention/treatment. Simply mix 1 part ACV with 4 parts water and apply to a clean face with a cotton ball. After 10 minutes, rinse with warm water. Repeat up to 3 times a day.
- Arthritis: ACV may help arthritis by reducing the associated inflammation. Mixed results have been reported, but it's worth a try. You can add it to salad dressings, soups, and stews, drink it straight (I can't handle that one), or mix it with water. A common recipe is 2 teaspoons per glass of water. I have trouble stomaching that, so I do 1 tsp ACV, juice from 1/2 lemon, 1/2 c cranberry juice, and 4 oz. of water.
- Athlete's Foot: Soak your feet for 5-10 minutes in 10 drops of tea tree oil, 4 Tbsp cider vinegar, and warm water once a day. This is one of the most popular apple cider vinegar health benefits on the list.
- Cold Sores: Apple Cider Vinegar is an old home remedy for cold sores. When you feel one coming on, try using a cotton ball to apply some ACV directly to your lip 3 times a day. If you apply it to an actual sore, it may sting a bit.
- Reduce Leg Cramps: One of the top apple cider vinegar health benefits is to help relieve leg cramps. Mix 1-2 tablespoons with honey in a glass of water or tea at bedtime to help add potassium to your diet and prevent the uncomfortable middle of the night leg cramps.
- Dandruff: Mix 1 cup of ACV and 1 cup of warm water. Apply to your scalp, cover for a towel for an hour. Rinse and shampoo. Repeat once or twice per week.
- Upset Stomach: 1-2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of water is a great help for many common upset tummy ailments. The natural pectin of ACV will help to fight against stomach spasms and relieve pain associated with tummy upset.
- Sore Throat: Mix 1/4 cup each water and ACV together and gargle every few hours to help relieve sore throat pain.
- Get rid of bad breath: ACV commonly is used to reduce odors. Gargle with this if you tend to have a bad time with yucky breath that doesn't go away even after brushing.
- Promotes weight loss: While apple cider vinegar doesn't make you magically lose weight, when you drink it before meals, it does help you feel full faster. This helps you to eat less, and as a result, you may lose weight.
These are some of our favorite apple cider vinegar health benefits. Not only are they easy to add into your routine, they will be cost effective. Being able to tackle some common health issues while using a natural substance is always a preferred method for me, and I am sure it also is for you.
More Health Tips:
- 9 Tips For Better Emotional Health
- Homemade Cold & Flu Remedies
- 10 Uses For Coconut Oil
- Essential Oil Blends To Use At The First Sign Of A Cold
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.