Welcome to A Thrifty Table Recipe Blog Hop! Each week, we will feature 2 recipes that were submitted from the week before.
For those who are new to this, A Thrifty Table Recipe Blog Hop is where you get to share your love of cooking. We love food! We’ll be hosting a Recipe Blog Hop right here every Sunday, so be sure to return and link up each month. Also help spread the word on Facebook and Twitter if you want your post to get even more exposure!
Last week we had a 6 way tie for recipes vying for featured spot, but only two could win, so we used a random number generator and came up with recipe #2 and recipe #3 from the list of top “like”s. The theme was “Beef Recipes” here is who won!
Farmer’s Wife Rambles submitted their recipe, called “Fall Off The Fork Tender Swiss Steak” and it looks DELICIOUS! This is what she says about her recipe.
Growing up my mom made a Swiss Steak that is to die for! I loved it and have tried to replicate it several times with her recipe but it just doesn’t seem to be going well for me. So I had to head out and make my own.
While I still miss my mom’s and request it often when I am home I needed something that would work for my own house. I pulled together the below recipe and it became a hit with my family They love it because it is simple and doesn’t contain anything fancy. I like it because it is simple to prepare and I never have leftovers!
Real Food Enthusiast was our second winner. They submitted this yummy “Quick and Easy Taco Salad“
As much as I enjoy cooking, there are still days where dinner is the last thing on my mind. Then, when 5:30 rolls around, I panic and wonder what I’m going to do for dinner!
We avoid eating out, so just ordering a pizza isn’t really an option. So, to avoid spending a fortune on food that will do more harm than good, I try to have “backup meals” in my arsenal!
Congrats to our two featured recipes this week! Make sure to head over to their pages to get the full recipe and directions, and leave a message congratulating them on being featured.
- Farmer’s Wife Rambles – “Fall Off The Fork Tender Swiss Steak“
- Real Food Enthusiast – “Quick and Easy Taco Salad“
Keep reading further down for this weeks submissions. If you would like to play along, check out the rules below.
How to Participate:
- Write a blog post on your own blog showcasing any recipe you’ve made during that week. We’d love for you to post only recipes that you made in the last 30 days, or at least recipes that haven’t been submitted here in the last 30 days. You can talk about the cooking process, write up a tutorial, or merely show off the finished product and include the recipe.
- Add your link to this post by clicking on “Click Here to Enter” at the bottom of the screen and following the instructions. Make sure you link to your specific blog post, not your homepage, and give it a caption.
- Add a thumbnail image of your finished recipe to accompany your link. You can use an image from your blog post or one that is saved on your computer.
- Remember to copy A Thrifty Table Blog Hop button and paste it into your blog post, then link it to the our Blog Hop post, so that everyone who reads your blog can see that you are a Blog Hop participant on A Thrifty Table.
- If you are chosen to be a featured recipe, we will send you a special button that will show your readers that you won a top spot on A Thrift Table! These buttons should be proudly showed off, as you have earned them!
This week, we are accepting submissions for Chicken Recipes! Show us your poultry!
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.