If you want to teach your children about being friendly to the environment, here are 10 Great Earth Day Activities For Kids to get you started. Not only will they have fun creating these projects, you'll be able to use this time to teach them more about the planet. Every day we have dozens of opportunities to do more to protect and repair our planet. Teaching our kids to understand the effect their actions have on the planet is part of our responsibility as a parent. By getting them involved in national events like Earth Day, you can help them to understand how deep those effects go.
Every day we have dozens of opportunities to do more to protect and repair our planet. Teaching our kids to understand the effect their actions have on the planet is part of our responsibility as a parent. By getting them involved in national events like Earth Day, you can help them to understand how deep those effects go. Earth Day activities like these are a great beginning to get your kids to become more aware of the world around them!
10 Great Earth Day Activities For Kids
Earth Day activities are a great tool in your homeschool classroom. There are so many ways you can incorporate this day of awareness into a full unit study for your children. Utilize the basic activities below to begin the conversation with your children and incorporate into your math, science, history, and even arts and crafts time. Every subject in the classroom can be easily impacted by these Earth Day activities!
Here are great fun activities that promote knowledge of what Earth Day is. With some fun crafts, upcycling and recycling items to create a new picture of the Earth, you can teach your kids about how we can utilize waste in everyday ways.
- Earth Art Collage (Kitchen Counter Chronicles)
- Pasta World Map (Parenting Chaos)
- Papier Mache Globe (Parenting Chaos)
- Earth Day Discovery Bottles (Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Coffee Filter Earths (J Daniels 4 Mom)
- Earth Day Oobleck (Little Bins for Little Hands)
- Earth Day Playdough (Natural Beach Living)
- Earth Day Printable Pack (TotSchooling)
- Earth Day Game with Chalk (Educators Spin on It)
- Earth Day Yoga for Kids (Kid Yoga Stories)
With these Earth Day activities for kids, you can easily get your kids excited about making changes for the planet You can also encourage them to share with their neighborhood friends. Perhaps you can gather the kids together for a special Earth Day event in your area. Everything from creating fun recycled arts and crafts, to building a community garden that promotes sustainability are important. Each way you reach out to teach your kids about the environment makes an impact on future generations.
To help teach your kids more about the planet and how their choices make a difference, you can easily incorporate some of these great books into your day of Earth Day activities!
- Earth Day Every Day
- The Adventures Of Plastic Bottle: A Story About Recycling
- 10 Things I Can Do To Help My World
Utilize these great ideas as Earth Day activities for your kids to enjoy while learning!
Other Homeschool Ideas:
- How To Start A Simple Recycling Program At Home
- Creating Your Homeschool Schedule
- 5 Tips To Keep Little Ones Occupied While Homeschooling
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.